Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Thinking

I recently spent a little time with my cousin and I was sitting on her bed when she asked me an absolutely phenomenal question. Are you ready for this?

Why is it that we seem to only exist in our head? (sure, you're thinking, well duh- because that's where are brain is...) That's what I was thinking too. But my cousin inquired as to why we don't feel ourselves, in say, our foot. Why is consciousness only in the mind? Is it really our brain that makes us feel like we're in our heads- or is it our eyes? What if our eyes were on our stomach. Wouldn't that change our perspective? Would we feel like our essence of existence was then located in our core? Or would we still live in our noggins? And furthermore, is it because we know so much nowadays about our anatomy that we feel as if our existence is in our heads? Were people in the past more in tune with their entire bodies? Or did they too feel the obvious weight of our cranial appendage?

Just something to ponder...

No comments:

Post a Comment