Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Prompt #1

One thing I'd really like to do in my lifetime is publish a book. So, in effort to keep me on my toes and maintain my writing skills, I'll be posting short little tidbits such as this, using various creative writing prompts as inspiration.


What can happen in a second?

Anything.
Everything.
Nothing.

A second could mean the difference between
life and death
love and hate
war and peace

In one second...
A object entering Earth's atmosphere can travel 44 miles
A human eye can blink seven times
Light travels 186,000 miles
A hummingbird beats its wings 50 times
Earth advances 18 miles in its orbit around the sun
Four babies are born and two people die

But a second could also be just that. A second. A small fraction of our lives in which nothing much happens aside from the passing of time.

A second is what you make it, so make every second count.

No comments:

Post a Comment